Precautions being taken to prevent the spread of COVID-19 has led to unprecedented times in the vast majority of our lifetimes.
For senior communities like Lake Gibson Village, we are following state and federal guidelines to protect residents and staff. These include:
- Visitors have been restricted to providers of healthcare-related services only.
- Group activities and scheduled trips have been canceled.
- Meals are being delivered directly to residents’ apartments.
- Staff not directly involved in the daily care of residents are working from home.
- Staff are screened for illness when reporting to work and are wearing masks while working.
- Residents are strongly encouraged to stay on site and leave the grounds for life-sustaining medical appointments only.
- Surfaces in common areas are being cleaned and disinfected frequently.
While these measures may be difficult to endure, we have no choice but to take every precaution to keep the virus from getting inside our building. My top priority will always be the health and safety of residents and staff. We are also committed to providing every sense of normalcy possible during these uncertain times. Our Activities Department is creatively providing a full schedule of fun events that follow the social distancing standards of keeping people six feet apart.
We are also working with residents individually to make sure their needs are met, coordinating services such as grocery deliveries to communicating with family via Skype and Facetime.
We cannot predict the day that these restrictions will be lifted, but life will return to normal at Lake Gibson Village and elsewhere at some point. As long as we all continue to do our part to keep our community safe, we will once again enjoy life at its fullest.
Renee Tucker Dyer
CEO, Lake Gibson Village