Independent senior living communities are designed to allow residents the freedom to focus on enjoying their senior years. It is a great option for those who are relatively healthy, able to live independently and are seeking opportunities for socialization, security and access to a variety of amenities and activities.
Residents live in their own apartments, furnished with their own furniture and decorated the way they want. They are able to take advantage of the many options offered to them to live the lifestyle that suits them best. Such as:
- Have as much privacy as desired or be as social as they want by engaging in the many activities offered
- Continue to enjoy the same hobbies they enjoyed in their homes like gardening and wood-working or learn to enjoy a new hobby
- Nurture friendships with other residents close in age with similar interests
- Cook in their own apartments, have meals served to them in the dining room, or go out to a restaurant
- Drive their own cars, or utilize the transportation services provided by the community
With the worry-free lifestyle this type of community provides, it is certain that senior living community residents will not have to:
- Do their housekeeping
- Do their laundry
- Mow the lawn
- Deal with expensive home repairs
- Worry about transportation to banks, stores and doctors appointments
- Fight boredom
Some communities, such as Lake Gibson Village, offer an all inclusive rental rate which covers television, internet, electric , water, housekeeping, laundry and linen service, meals, scheduled transportation, amenities and activities as well as their apartment rent. For additional information about independent senior living or Lake Gibson Village, call Laura Tenpenny at 863-858-1202.