There are many reasons why living in a senior community may be perfect for you. Here are 5!
- Are You Tired of Being Tied Down to Your House? Do you enjoy mowing the lawn, painting the house, shoveling snow, pulling weeds, dusting and vacuuming, and repairing leaky faucets? If you do, you’re not ready for the carefree lifestyle of a senior retirement community. But if you’re ready to use that extra leisure time to have fun, you’ll love the clublike lifestyle of a retirement community.
- Are You Bored to Tears? If it’s difficult or impossible for you to do the things you love to do, such as going to museum openings, playing bridge or chess, attending concerts, swimming in a pool or walking in a park, you’ll love the amenities, fun activities and cultural events offered by a retirement community.
- Are You Lonely? Many studies have shown that it’s unhealthy to feel isolated and lonely. Research conducted by the Harvard School of Public Health found evidence that elderly people in the U.S. who have an active social life may have a slower rate of memory decline. In a retirement community, you can have your privacy when you want it, but you’ll also benefit from being surrounded by other active senior adults. According to the 2009 Independent Living Report by the ProMatura Group, LLC, research shows that when you become part of an independent living retirement community, you’re more likely to make new friends and try new things — making new friends has never been easier!
- Are You a Fan of Family Time? Just because you’re living in a retirement community doesn’t mean your children or grandchildren can’t visit you. You can enjoy carefree, fun visits with your loved ones.
- Do You Want to Feel Safe? Enjoy the peace of mind that comes from living in a retirement community. Your safety and well-being is of utmost importance.
Just because you’re retired doesn’t mean you have to slow down. Instead, it’s a time where you can focus on those things you love doing. After all, as the famous L’Oreal commercial slogan goes, “You’re worth it!”